Website Sales Damaged or Defective Goods, Cancellation Rights & Returns Policy
- Returns policy
Bachmann Europe Plc wants you to be totally satisfied with your purchase of Goods from our website. If for any valid reason you are not entirely happy with your order we will refund the value of the goods supplied provided that you first notify us of your intention to cancel using the procedure outlined and providing that the goods, together with the original invoice, are returned to us in perfect condition, in the original packaging to the address specified on the invoice within 14 calendar days from the day of initial delivery (UK & EU customers). A certificate of posting of some form should be obtained for your own circumstances as we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of goods to our address. In order for us to be able to process returns quickly and effectively, you must please enclose a covering letter with the following details.
- The fault with the item or reason for return.
- The original invoice number or copy of your receipt.
- Your contact details including telephone numbers (works, mobile etc).
- Details of any correspondence (name of person spoken to, copy of letter, printout of email)
Please note: the cost of return postage will not be reimbursed in the instance of returned unwanted items, either in or outside of the warranty period. All items to be returned must be sent by appropriate courier or postage option, and include a covering letter stating the reason for return, and be returned by one of the following means:
- Royal Mail Second Class with "Proof of Postage", "Signed for" or "Special Delivery" for parcels below 1Kg
- Royal Mail First Class with "Proof" of Postage", "Signed for" or "Special Delivery" for parcels weighing more than 1Kg
- Courier service by recognised UK based courier, i.e. Royal Mail Parcelforce, TNT, DHL, Federal Express for parcels weighing more than 2Kg
"Proof of Postage" certificates are available from all Post offices, and avoid the need to use more expensive services like "Signed for" or "Special Delivery". However, "Signed for" or "Special Delivery" ensure that, in the event of a missing parcel, you can prove whether a parcel was despatched to us and received (quote in text box please). Please note, liability for item(s) whilst in transit, will be with you and your courier or postal service provider until such time as confirmation of delivery has been made to our premises. Bachmann Europe Plc is not liable for any replacement or responsible for recompense for items lost or damaged in transit to ourselves.
Please contact us in the first instance, then return the items to us using the most economic method - in most cases this will be by Surface Mail.
- Faulty, Damaged or incorrect items
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, needs to be reported to us as soon as is practically possible, and in any instance within 30 calendar days of receiving the item. The item(s) should be returned to us in the condition they were received, in the original parcel/wrapping. If it is not possible to return the item(s) in its original parcel/packing they should be suitably packaged to prevent further damage whilst in transit. We will refund the price of such goods, including reasonable postage costs incurred returning the item(s) to us.
- Missing or damaged components
If a particular component is damaged or missing, we may require the whole item to be returned to us. Please speak to a member of our W Britain Collectors Club staff on ++44 (0)1455 841826 to confirm what we require, in order to remedy a problem.
- Unauthorised Transactions (also see cancellation policy)
If you have received goods following an unauthorised transaction, we will normally refund the value of the goods, if returned to ourselves within 14 calendar days of receipt. Such goods must be returned in their original packaging, in as new condition. Upon receipt of the returned item, your refund (excluding any original p&p charges) will be processed within 14 calendar days.
- Our procedure, once items have been returned to us is that:
Item(s) will be tested as soon as is possible and dealt with appropriately. Any goods reported as faulty, which on examination are found to be in good condition will not be eligible for replacement and will be returned (charges will be applied accordingly).
Goods from UK & EU customers must be returned to ourselves within 14 calendar days of notification, failure to return goods within this time frame may automatically invalidate any notification of intention to return given by yourself and any applicable rights will be waivered accordingly.
Rest of World customers must contact the W Britain Collectors Club on +44 (0)1455 841826 to confirm timescale for return shipment.
Please address all returns goods to:
W Britain UK Collectors Club Returns
Bachmann Europe Plc
- Cancellation Policy
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 you have the legal right to cancel any order within 14 days of receipt of goods. Notification must be made formally in writing to ourselves and your statutory rights of cancellation only apply if Goods are unmodified, have been correctly used under normal conditions, and have been correctly stored, installed, utilised and maintained. To cancel any order, either email us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to ourselves at:
W Britain UK Collectors Club Returns
Bachmann Europe Plc
If you require help or assistance please telephone ourselves on +44 (0)1455 841826. Your statutory rights are not affected. Cancellation can either be by the company or the consumer and the boundaries for the limit of cancellation are as follows:
Cancellation by the Company
In certain circumstances Bachmann Europe Plc has the legal right to cancel an order placed by any customer. These include but are not limited to:
- Where we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered or items are of limited edition product availability.
- Where we cannot obtain payment from you.
- Where a product, price, or offer description fault has been identified.
- Where we do not or cannot deliver to your area/country for a specified reason covered for reasons of non-capacity.
- Where we suspect that a criminal act may be occurring.
If your contract is cancelled you will be notified by e-mail and your payment will be refunded as soon as possible, within 30 days from date of your order.
We reserve the right to withdraw any Goods from this website at anytime and remove or edit materials or content present on this website. Bachmann Europe Plc can refuse to process any financial transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at their sole discretion.
Bachmann Europe Plc will not be liable to you, or any third party by reason of: - our withdrawing any Goods from this Website, whether or not those Goods have been sold; removal or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusal to process, unwind, or suspend any transaction after processing has begun.
- Warranty Procedures and Rules
Warranty is valid for 12 months from date of purchase and covers defects in manufacture of your specific model only. The terms of our warranty in this instance are:
- Proof of purchase (e.g. original invoice or card payment slip) should be retained as it is a condition of the Warranty.
- There is no Warranty from Bachmann Europe Plc on models bought second hand or from sellers not supplied by Bachmann Europe Plc (including private imports from outside of the UK).
- Warranty Service does not cover cleaning or maintenance etc for which the currently applicable Service Charge may be levied even if the model is within its period of Warranty.
- Bachmann Europe Plc will provide a warranty on our work for 3 months from date of repair. This warranty applies to any parts replaced and does not extend to any other parts on the model not replaced at that time.
- Where a faulty item formed part of a set, this item is eligible for warranty but can only be refunded if returned along with all component parts of the original set.
Checklist for Warranty & Returns Procedures & Rules
- Any item returned must be complete.
- Warranty work can be undertaken on Individual set items.
- Warranty is for 12 months from date of purchase.
- All returned items will be inspected and tested.
- No action will be taken on 2nd hand items and credit will not be given.
- Credit will not be given for split items.
- Receipt (or proof of purchase) of complete item will be required to validate warranty.
- Any misuse, damage or alteration will not be covered under the warranty agreement.
Bachmann Europe Plc agrees that once a contract has been accepted, delivery will be made to you within 30 days from receipt of approved payment. Should delivery not be made to you, a refund will be made under our normal procedures, except in the exceptional instance of Non-Capacity or Force Majeure listed below.
- Non-Capacity or Force Majeure
In exceptional circumstances, it may not be possible to deliver an item to you for the following reasons. Reasons for non-supply (which will be known as a Period of Incapacity) can include but are not limited to; sale or theft of intellectual license or property of the Company; war; fire; industrial action or dispute; economic incapacity or insolvency; natural disasters which result in loss such as earthquake or flood or hurricane or storm or typhoon; strike or lockout; sinking of ship at sea whilst goods in transit or loss by the catastrophic failure of other transportation means; seizure by customs or legal authorities or any other item of force majeure accepted as reasonable grounds for non-performance by the English law courts and legal jurisdiction.
In exceptional circumstances, items may be returned to ourselves for a “holding period” for delivery by other means or routes. In this instance, and only with your agreement and consent, we will route by other means. It is considered reasonable, that there may be a charge for storage, handling and re-delivery in such extreme circumstances.